Traveling with your baby is an exciting prospect. To make these journeys possible, you’ll need to obtain a passport for your little one. In India, applying for a passport for a baby involves a specific process and the submission of essential documents. In this blog, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a minor’s passport online in India.
So, how to apply for a minor’s passport online in India?
You can apply for a minor’s passport by visiting the Passport Seva website, submitting the required documents and then scheduling an appointment at the nearest passport centre. Follow the below steps to apply.
- Online Registration at Passport site
- Passport application filling
- Uploading required documents
- Online payment
- Appointment booking
- Visiting the PSK
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official Passport Seva website
- Register for an account if you don’t already have one. Fill in the required details and create a login ID and password.
- Log in to your account to start the passport application process.
Step 2: Passport Application Form
- After logging in, select “Apply for Fresh Passport.”
- Choose the appropriate category for your baby’s passport application, which is typically “Minor.”
- Fill out the online application form accurately with your baby’s details. You will need to provide information such as name, date of birth, and parents’ details.
- Save the partially filled form and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3: Upload Required Documents
- Baby Birth Certificate: A copy of your baby’s birth certificate is mandatory. Ensure that it includes both parents’ names.
- Proof of Residence: You’ll need to provide proof of your current residential address, such as a parent’s Aadhaar card, voter ID, or utility bill.
- Parental Consent: Both parents must provide their consent for the passport application. You will need to submit a notarized affidavit or a joint application with signatures of both parents.
- Annexure H: This is a specific form available on the Passport Seva website that needs to be filled out and submitted with the application.
- Photographs: Attach two recent passport-sized photographs of your baby. Ensure they meet the specified requirements (size, background colour, etc.) as per the passport guidelines.
- Proof of Non-ECR (Emigration Check Required): If either parent holds a Non-ECR passport, a copy of it should be submitted as proof.
- Marriage Certificate: If your baby’s birth certificate does not include both parents’ names, you may need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate.
Step 4: Payment
- Pay the passport application fee online through the portal using a credit/debit card, internet banking, or other available payment methods.
- The fee may vary based on the type of passport (normal or Tatkal) and the number of pages you request for the passport.
Step 5: Book an Appointment
- After successful payment, schedule an appointment at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Passport Office. Select a convenient date and time.
- Print the application receipt and appointment confirmation.
Step 6: Visit the Passport Office/PSK
- On the scheduled appointment date, visit the Passport Office/PSK with your baby and the necessary documents.
- Make sure to carry the originals of all the documents you uploaded during the online application.
- The Passport Seva Kendra officials will verify your documents and process your baby’s application.
Step 7: Passport Issuance
- After successful document verification, your baby’s passport application will be processed.
- You can track the status of the application online.
- Once the passport is ready, it will be dispatched to your registered address.
Applying for a passport for a baby in India is a crucial step if you plan to travel internationally. By following the step-by-step guide and ensuring you have all the necessary documents, you can streamline the application process and look forward to creating wonderful travel memories with your little one. By any chance if you lose a passport while traveling, here is what you can do!
Liked this article? Don’t forget to leave your comment below and share it with your friends! If you would like to travel the way we do, then join us on our tours through our boutique travel company, Moto Overlanders.